Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Topstitched Couch

First off-- I am happy to tell you I have been working hard on my "Get it Covered" Advanced Slipcovering guide. I have all the pics submitted and I have started to edit! I am hoping to have it ready in the next few weeks! Now on to my post...


My client was moving into a new place and wanted a new slipcover for her couch. She got a beautiful neutral cotton with tiny specs in it. She decided to mix it up and not do piping. She wanted a waterfall skirt and topstitching.


Couch--BEFORE


Couch--AFTER--neutral with topstitching and waterfall skirt. I did a 1" blind hem on this skirt.


 I love the way it turned out.

Topstitching detail.



SIDE NOTE---


We decided to spend Christmas at the cabin this year. We spent 3 nights there and I think the kids got a years worth of tubing in. When we first arrived there was 18" of powder on our steep driveway that we trudged up with all our bags, food, and gifts. By the time we left the driveway was a slick sheet of ice from all the tubes and sleds.


As soon as we arrived the kids wrapped lights on the stairway and hung the stalkings. Our little tree stand is a cinderblock with a towel wrapped around the tree (stick).

We survived 3 nights! I wasn't sure how it was going to go. 3 nights is the longest we've stayed there at one time. 800 sq ft, no computer, no tv, no friends= a lot of family time! We played lots of card games, went on walks, sledded, and watched some movies. PERFECT.


My sister offered to do our family pics again this year! How could I say no? This is my favorite family pic ever! Everyone is truly happy! No one was fighting or crying….This was taken just off the running path that I run a few times a week. I can't believe how tall our boys have gotten! I think this will be the last year they are all shorter than me.

Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

momtofatdogs said...

That looks like a Christmas Card Picture Miss Shelley!

That topstitching gives that couch a very tailored look! Very nice. And very well done.

(I want to be as good as Shelley when I grow up!)

Sam

Amy said...

Your dress in that picture is so cute!

Amy said...

Your dress in that picture is so cute!

Petit Design Co. said...

nice job on the couch. What kind of fabric was used?