Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camille's Master Bedroom

Here's Camille's (running partner) Master Bedroom that she let me help her with. She inherited two darling pink floral settees from her Grandma. Instead of trying to fight with them, we went with it and made her room antiquey (is that a word?) and feminine. She loves it... I am not sure if her husband was as thrilled as we were.


We positioned one setee at the end of the bed. I rummaged through all my fabrics and pulled some together for the pillows. The duvet, my sister gave to me. She had bought it at a Down East Tent Sale for $10 and then realized it had a large hole in it, so we just flipped it over and used the back side and folded down the top to show the cute smocking detail.



Here's the smocking detail on the Duvet.



Here's a close up of the setee from Camille's Grandma.



Great clock that she moved from another room.


She also inherited these two lamps from her grandma....they worked perfect!



Her bed is really high and she had some small rickety formica end tables that weren't working so well in terms of style or scale. One day when we were out, we hit the local thrift store and found two different sewing machine cabinets. They looked a little large, but I thought they'd work great for end tables and she didn't even have to do any work to them. $35 total for both!



The bedskirt was made from a king size flat sheet she had kicking around in her linen closet. I had just enough to make it work! I used a queen flat sheet for the decking of the bedskirt.


Close up of the pillows



Pillows...floral euro shams, burlap type fabric for standard shams

Bedskirt and ruffle detail around duvet cover.










I loved the flowers and books she added to the end table.




It was great that we could use what she had and what I had on hand...I think she only spent $35 on the two end tables! That should make her husband happy, even if he has to sleep in a pink room. Oh I forgot she did buy the white dresser for $15 as well off ksl.com. SO $50 total for a master bedroom redo.....well a master bedroom do, it was never done in the first place!

I have now converted her to thinking a bed without a bedskirt...isn't acceptable.

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love it! Especially those Euro pillows and the long one! My kind of room

Andy Porter said...

I love it! I'm seriously amazed at how much you accomplish and how uniquely beautiful your creations are!!

Michelle@ourwonderfilledlife.com said...

Visiting from TT&J ;)

The makeover is just gorgeous! Love the settee too!!