Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ticking Stripe Chair

This client had this old dated chair...and she bought some great ticking stripe to slipcover it in. We ordered some new wood legs for it as well, that will be coming this week. So we left the chair without a skirt so the legs will show. We chose to do a skirt on the ottoman and save some money (that way she only needed to order 4 legs instead of 8).


Chair before...great shape, but diamond blue fabric.

After...Darling gray/black ticking stripe.

Chair...I ended it with piping to show off the legs once they come.



I had to get a shot of the turquoise armoire....turquoise is on of my colors as well as green.
Another after.

My client posted about her new slipcover on her blog. Her blog is called House to Home. She's got some other great stuff on there!


-Side Note- I am heading out of town tomorrow to enjoy the 80 degree weather in Vegas with the kids for spring break! Can't wait to lounge poolside with my book...in my dreams right?




Linking up to the following...

Todays creative blog and the DIY showoff...link below.


The DIY Show Off


Photobucket

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you just get a new blog design? It's beautiful! And I'm always so inspired by your work. Thanks!

Slipcovers by Shelley said...

yep new blog design...I stumbled through it and managed to do it all by myself, without my sisters help. It only took me 2.5 hrs! It's alot more me, so I like it.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Simlpy beautiful. tried to click on the link to your clients blog but the link isnt working. I will try and search for the name.
Im following your blog with great interest I have a wing back chair in my studio which so badly needs a makeover the trouble is Im so undecided about what I want to do with it. Love the new look blog :)

Sewlutions' World said...

Ticking always looks smart, enjoy your time off in the sun!

Loris Orton said...

I think I covet every new chair or couch that you show us! They are all soooo beautiful. I love the grey Paisley one...and that turquoise armoir is wonderful! Keep up the fantastic work and maybe one day I will have you perfect my furniture with that Shelly Style!

Andy Porter said...

Looks fantastic!!

Laurie said...

I came across your blog as I googled "ticking slip covers" and I do wish you lived closer! (I am in Montana.) The chair slipcover is wonderful; you do such beautiful work. I am thinking about having our sofa done in ticking, as it is so versatile. I'll keep my eye on your blog for ideas.